Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm Having Fun Now!

I decided to "take off" the whole month of December. To me, this means I'm not crocheting for my business, I'm only crocheting (and knitting) for fun. Woo-hoo for me!

Here's what I've made so far.



First were these cute little Knitting Gnomes. I made them from a pattern I bought from MrsBear87 on Etsy. It was really easy and I like it for two reasons. One is that it was my first felting project. The second is that they are hiding tape measurers inside their bodies. I'm going to give one to my Mother-In-Law for Christmas. Don't tell her! I made these both following the same pattern, using the same needles and they turned out completely different. I obviously screwed up somewhere, but it's my fault, not the pattern writer! LOL.


The second thing I made was this Garden Gnome Knitting pattern that I got from Amy Gaines on Etsy. After making the first gnomes, I decided I needed one with legs. I'm not happy with how he turned out, but let me explain.




I wasn't happy with how the white beard looked next to his pale skin, so I researched gnomes on google images and found that some of them have gray beards. So I thought, "Hey, I have grey furry yarn, I'll use that." But it was darker than I thought it would be. I'm also not happy with how dark his "clothes" are. I should have used a lighter color. Anyway, again, not the pattern maker's fault, it's mine. I'll probably make another one later on and but doesn't this one look like Yukon Cornelius from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? You can almost hear him singing, "Silver and gold, silver and gold." He needs a belt, too. I'll have to work on that.

My current project is a pair of felted slipper socks. I bought this pattern from Pawfelts, again, on Etsy. I have one done and the other is on the needles. This is the biggest project I've done on double pointed needles (DPN's) and the first using 5 DPN's.




The fuzzy strings along the front, or top, of the slipper, will be cut short right before I felt them. If I make this pattern again, which I think I totally would, I'd not change colors at the end of every round. Or, if I do, I'd not cut them but carry them up each round so I'm jsut changing colors. Not cutting, tying and starting again. It takes a LOT of time to cut, tie and start over.
I've got more, but adding these pictures is very frustrating and I need to get Jake started with homeschool. We're already 7 minutes late. :)
Later,
Sherri

No comments: